Fix it for me
To fix this problem automatically, click the Fix it button or link. Then click Run in the File Download dialog box, and follow the steps in the Fix it wizard.
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you are not on the computer that has the problem, save the Fix it solution to a flash drive or a CD and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
Then, go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
Let me fix it myselfTo resolve this issue, exclude Spyware Doctor from DEP protection, to do this, follow these steps:
- Click on Start, and type sysdm.cpl in the Search box, and click sysdm.cpl from the list.
- Click on the Advanced tab, under Performance, and then click Settings.
- Click the Data Execution Prevention tab.
- On the Data Execution Prevention tab, click to select the option for Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:
- Click Add and then browse to the folder C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor, select pctssvc.exe, and click Open
Note: The file is added to the exclusion list.
- Repeat this step 5 and add the following files from the same folder:
- Click Apply when all the files have been added and then close the System properties window.
- If the problem persists, please perform the same steps as above, but this time please include "explorer.exe" to be excluded from Data Execution Prevention.
Did this fix the problem?
- Check whether the problem is fixed. If the problem is fixed, you are finished with this section. If the problem is not fixed, you can contact support.
- We would appreciate your feedback. To provide feedback or to report any issues with this solution, please leave a comment on the "Fix it for me" blog or send us an email message.
Article ID: 2645929 - Last Review: Feb 17, 2012 - Revision: 1