Issues that this hotfix package fixes This update package fixes the following issues:
Update package informationThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the MgcServer.msp package now.
Release Date: January 2012
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
PrerequisitesPlease make sure that the following services are running before you install the update:
- Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat server - Lookup service / Channel service
- Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat Compliance server - Compliance service
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this update package.
Replacement informationThis update replaces the previously released update that is discussed in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article 2549044. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Registry informationTo use one of the updates in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Update package installation informationInstall this update to Office Communications Server R2 Group Chat server
- Make sure that the Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat features are installed, configured and functioning correctly. Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat servers include Channel server, Lookup server and Compliance server.
- Stop the Channel service and stop the Lookup service that are currently running.
- Apply this update by running MgcServer.msp on all the computers that have the Group Chat server role installed.
- On the Group Chat server, open the Server Config Tool as follows:
- Start menu: All Programs, Administrative Tools, Server Config Tool
- File location: <driver letter>:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2\Group Chat Server\ServerConfigTool.exe.
- Click Yes when you receive the following message, and the Server Config Tool upgrades the existing Group Chat database schema. Additionally, the Server Config Tool changes the server's configuration files to reflect these changes.
Note You must shut down all Group Chat servers before you perform this upgrade.
- Restart the Channel service, the Lookup service and then restart the Compliance server.
Only the MSI update files (.msp files) without a complete installer are released in the update package. After you upgraded all Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat servers to this update, follow these steps to add another Group Chat server into the existing pool:
- Set up Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat server (Channel server and Lookup server) on a new database by using the same service accounts as the existing pool.
- Upgrade to the new Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Group Chat installation.
- Stop both the Channel service and the Lookup service.
- Run the following command to reconfigure the new servers to point to the Group Chat database pool.
<driver letter>:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2\Group Chat Server\ServerConfigTool.exe /i
Note All Services start automatically after the servers are reconfigured.
Uninstall informationAfter you apply this update, it cannot be uninstalled. If you uninstall this update, the Channel service and the Lookup service will not start. The following error is logged in the event log:
This update package may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This update package contains only the files that you must have to resolve the issues that are listed in this article.
File informationThis update may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This update contains only the files that you must have to resolve the issues that are listed in this article.
The global version of this update package uses a Microsoft Windows Installer package to install the update package. The dates and the times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) in the following table. When you view the file information, the date is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|