This problem occurs for one or more of the following reasons:
- You have not installed the latest updates.
- Outlook is in use by another process.
- Outlook is loading external content, such as images in an email message.
- A previously installed add-in is interfering with Outlook.
- Your mailboxes are too large.
- Your AppData folder is redirected to a network location.
- You have to repair your Office programs.
- Outlook data files have become corrupted or damaged.
- Your installed antivirus software is outdated, or it conflicts with Outlook.
- Your user profile has become corrupted.
- Another program conflicts with Outlook.
This issue may occur for one or more of the reasons in the "Cause" section. To fix this issue, you may need to follow one of several of the following troubleshooting steps. These steps are provided in a specific order based on how commonality and complexity, please follow these steps in the given order.