To confirm that this is the issue that you are experiencing, examine the alerts that are displayed in the Forefront TMG management console. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Forefront TMG Management console.
- In the tree, click Monitoring, and then click the Alerts tab.
- Check whether a warning that contains the following text is displayed:The number of HTTP requests per minute from the source IP address IPAddress exceeded the configured limit. Forefront TMG will block new HTTP requests sent from this IP address.If such a warning is displayed, you are experiencing this issue.
- Open the Forefront TMG management console, and then, in the tree, click Intrusion Prevention System.
- Click the Behavioral Intrusion Detection tab, and then click Configure Flood Mitigation Settings.
- In the Flood Mitigation dialog box, follow these steps:
- Click the IP Exceptions tab, and then type the IP addresses that the Office 365 environment uses to connect during the mailbox move operation. To view a list of the IP address ranges and URLs that are used by Exchange Online in Office 365, see Office 365 URLs and IP address ranges.
- Click the Flood Mitigation tab, and then, next to Maximum HTTP Requests per minute per IP address, click Edit. In the Custom limit box, type a number to increase the limit.
Note The custom limit applies to IP addresses that are listed on the IP Exceptions tab. Increase only the custom limit. In the following example screen shot, the custom limit is set to 6,000. Depending on the number of mailboxes that are being moved, this number may not be sufficient. If you still receive the error message, increase the custom limit.
- Click OK.
Still need help? Go to Microsoft Community or the Exchange TechNet Forums.