You receive the following error when launching Access 2007 or Access 2010:
Microsoft Access can't start because there is no license for it on this machine.
- Click the Start button and then click Run.
- Type Regedit, and then press Enter.
- Navigate to the following registry key:
Note: You may run into the permissions issue anywhere from the GUID to the Retail key. If you run into the permissions issue on the GUID, you will then also need to repeat steps 4 – 10 on the 12.0 or 14.0 key as well as the Retail key.
- Right click the key and then choose Permissions.
- Click Advanced.
- Select the Owner tab.
- Change the owner to Administrators.
- Click Apply and then click OK.
- Click Add, type Everyone, and then click Ok.
- Ensure that Full Control is checked, and then click Ok.