Consider the following scenario:
- You use the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) pipeline to process an inbound Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) 277_A, 835, or 837I message, and then you generate a 999 acknowledgement message.
- You create two parties, and then you create an agreement between these two parties.
- In the Agreement Properties page of the Envelopes setting, you create the 277_A, 835, or 837I envelope under the Transaction Set Settings section. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Agreement Properties page.
- Move to the Envelopes tab.
Note The Envelopes tab is the third tab in the Agreement Properties page.
- Under the Transaction Set Settings, click Envelopes.
- Add the 277_A, 835, or 837I envelope. The 277_A message is not set to the default transaction type.
This issue occurs because the EDI pipeline loses access to a certain stored procedure.
Cumulative update informationThe hotfix that resolves this issue is included in Cumulative Update Package 4 for BizTalk Server 2010.
For more information about how to obtain the cumulative update package, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2667310 Cumulative update package 4 for BizTalk Server 2010
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about how to configure Envelopes X12-Transaction settings, visit the following MSDN website:
2555976 Service pack and Cumulative Update list for BizTalk ServerFor more information about BizTalk Server hotfixes, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2003907 Information about BizTalk Server hotfixes
Article ID: 2662496 - Last Review: Feb 28, 2012 - Revision: 1