- You use a smart card to log on to a computer.
- You sign in to Microsoft Office Communicator 2007.
- You lock the computer, and then you remove the smart card.
- You insert the smart card and unlock the computer after more than 10 hours.
Note The TGT expires when the computer sleeps, hibernates, or is locked for a time that is longer than the TGT lifetime. By default, the TGT lifetime is 10 hours. When you use the smart card to unlock or wake up the computer, the TGT is refreshed.
To have us enable this update for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section. If you prefer to enable this update yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
Fix it for me
To enable this update automatically, click the Fix it button or link. Then click Run in the File Download dialog box, and follow the steps in the Fix it wizard.
- Install the cumulative update that is described in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article 2666140 before you run this Fix it solution.
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you are not on the computer that has the problem, save the Fix it solution to a flash drive or a CD and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
Then, go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
Let me fix it myselfTo enable this update, change the following registry keys to create a Group Policy Object:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then press Enter.
- Locate the following registry key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Communicator
- Right-click Communicator, click New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type AllowRetriesWithWindowsCredentialsOnResume.
- Right-click AllowRetriesWithWindowsCredentialsOnResume, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
Did this fix the problem?
- Check whether the problem is fixed. If the problem is fixed, you are finished with this section. If the problem is not fixed, you can contact support.
- We would appreciate your feedback. To provide feedback or to report any issues with this solution, please leave a comment on the "Fix it for me" blog or send us an email.