DCA 2.0 provides the following functionality:
- Provides connectivity information to DirectAccess users so that users can always view their DirectAccess connectivity status. To view the connectivity information, click the DCA icon in the notification area.
- Provides diagnostic and troubleshooting features. DCA 2.0 provides tools to help users reconnect to a network if problems arise and creates diagnostics to provide IT administrators with troubleshooting information.
- Provides support for one-time password (OTP) authentication for DirectAccess users who are required to authenticate by using OTP.If OTP is enabled, users will see the following popup window:
- A compressed (.zip) file (DirectAccess_Connectivity_Assistant_2_0.zip) that contains a collection of all the files in this update.
- GPO templates (DirectAccess_Connectivity_Assistant_2_0_GP.adml; DirectAccess_Connectivity_Assistant_2_0_GP.admx) for configuring DCA settings on client computers.
- Installation files (DirectAccess_Connectivity_Assistant_2_0_x64.msi; DirectAccess_Connectivity_Assistant_2_0_x86.msi) that are required to install the application on 64-bit or on 32-bit client computers.
- An administrator's guide (DirectAccess_Connectivity_Assistant_2_0_AdminGuide.docx), which describes how to configure the GPO templates and how to install the application.
- A user's guide (DirectAccess_Connectivity_Assistant_2_0_UserGuide.docx), which is an end-user Help file that can be distributed to client computers that are running DCA 2.0 Beta.
How to obtain this updateThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the update package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must be running Windows 7 or Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1).
For more information about how to obtain a Windows 7 service pack, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Registry informationTo apply the update in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: