This article describes the Microsoft Lync Server 2010, Group Chat issues that are fixed in the cumulative update that is dated February 2012.
This article describes the following items about the update package:
- The issues that the update package fixes.
- The prerequisites for installing the update package.
- Whether you must restart the computer after you install the update package.
- Whether the update package is replaced by any other update package.
- Whether you must make any registry changes.
- The files that the update package contains.
Issues that this cumulative update fixesThis cumulative update fixes the following issues:
- 2666342 The Channel service stops when a user signs in to a Group Chat client in Lync Server 2010, Group Chat
- 2666341 A user does not receive an invitation when the user is added to a distribution list that is a member of a chat room in Lync Server 2010, Group Chat
- 2679346 You cannot search for a user when you try to add the user to a chat room in the Lync Server 2010 Group Chat Administrator Tool
- 2514984 Description of the cumulative update for Lync Server 2010, Group Chat: November 2011
- 2571550 Description of the update for Lync Server 2010 Group Chat: July 2011
- 2500447 Description of the update for Lync Server 2010 Group Chat: April 2011
Update package informationThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the MgcServer.msp package now.
Release Date: February 2012
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for applying this cumulative update.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this cumulative update.
Replacement informationThis update replaces the following previously released update
2514984 Description of the cumulative update for Lync Server 2010, Group Chat: November 2011
Registry informationTo use one of the updates in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Update package installation informationInstall this update on the Lync Server 2010, Group Chat server. To do this, follow these steps:
- Make sure that the Lync Server 2010, Group Chat features are installed, configured, and functioning correctly. A Lync Server 2010, Group Chat server includes a Channel server, a Lookup server and a Compliance server.
- Stop the Channel and Lookup services.
- Apply this update by running the MgcServer.msp file on all the computers that have the Group Chat server role installed.
- On the Lync Server 2010, Group Chat server, run the Server Config tool by using one of the following methods:
- At a command prompt, type the following command and then press Enter to silently upgrade the database versions:%programfiles%\Microsoft Lync Server 2010\Group Chat Server\serverconfigtool.exe /s
- Click Start, click All Programs, select Administrative Tools, and then select Microsoft Lync Server 2010, Group Chat.
- At a command prompt, type the following command and then press Enter to silently upgrade the database versions:
- Click Yes when you receive the following message. The Server Config tool then upgrades the existing Group Chat database schema. Additionally, the Server Config tool changes the configuration files of the server to reflect these changes.Note You must shut down all the Group Chat servers before you perform this upgrade.
- Restart the Channel and Lookup services, and then restart the Compliance server.
File informationThis update may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This update contains only the files that you must have to correct the issues that are listed in this article.
After the update is installed, the global version of this update has the file attributes, or a later version of the file attributes, that are listed in the following table:
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
|File_groupchatconsole.adm||Not Applicable||8,599||03/29/11||15:40||Not Applicable|
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates