This article describes how to create a Startup disk in Windows Millennium Edition (Me).
To create a Startup disk:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- In the Add/Remove Programs Properties dialog box, click the Startup Disk tab.
- Click Create Disk to create the Startup disk.
NOTE: In some circumstances, you may be prompted to insert the Windows Me CD-ROM when you click Create Disk. This can occur if the installation files that are required to create the Startup disk are not on the hard disk.
- When you are prompted, insert a formatted floppy disk into the floppy disk drive, and then click OK to confirm that the contents of the floppy disk will be overwritten.
- When the Startup disk creation procedure is finished, remove the floppy disk from the floppy disk drive.
Article ID: 267287 - Last Review: Jun 19, 2014 - Revision: 1