Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
To have us enable this update for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section. If you prefer to enable this update yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
Fix it for meTo enable this update automatically, click the Fix it button or link. Then click Run in the File Download dialog box, and follow the steps in the Fix it wizard.
- You must sign out and then sign in to Lync 2010 after you run this Fix it solution.
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you are not on the computer that has the problem, save the Fix it solution to a flash drive or a CD and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
Then, go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
Let me fix it myself
- Open Registry Editor. To do this, click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press Enter.
- Locate and then click one of the following registry keys:
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD (32 bit) Value.
- Type EnableToastDbcsTransparencyFix, and then press Enter.
- On the Edit menu, click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Did this fix the problem?
- Check whether the problem is fixed. If the problem is fixed, you are finished with this section. If the problem is not fixed, you can contact support.
- We would appreciate your feedback. To provide feedback or to report any issues with this solution, please leave a comment on the "Fix it for me" blog or send us an email.
Article ID: 2672945 - Last Review: Sep 3, 2013 - Revision: 1