- You install Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) or a later version.
- You deploy a Client Access server (CAS) array that uses load balancing.
- You run the New-MailboxExportRequest cmdlet or the New-MailboxImportRequest cmdlet.
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (0:Int32) [New-MailboxExportRequest], TimeoutErrorTransientException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : 59EDFA88,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.RecipientTasks.NewMailboxExportRequest
- The Exchange Server can connect to the load balancer as a client.
- The Exchange Server can connect to the VIP for the CAS array.
Configure the RPCClientAccessServer value in the mailbox database to point to a specific CAS server.
Note This setting is read dynamically.
Create an entry in the Hosts file on the CAS servers that resolves the CAS array name to "localhost."
Note The steps for an Import or Export request resemble a Move request.
- The request is created on the Exchange Server on which the Windows PowerShell session is connected.
- As part of the request validation, the Exchange Server connects to the MAPI on the Middle Tier endpoint. Then, the Exchange Server tries to log on to the mailbox that you want to import or export.
- If validation is successful, a folder-associated items (FAI) message is created and added to a queue in the System mailbox of the database.
Note The issue that is described in the "Symptoms" section typically occurs after this step. In this issue, the request is not created as expected, and the FAI message is not created.
- All instances of the Mail Replication Service (MRS) check the System mailbox periodically. If an MRS server is not specified in the cmdlet, an MRS server is randomly selected.
- MRS finishes the Import or Export request and then changes the request status to "Completed."
- An administrator clears the Import or Export request.
Note This step is optional
For more information about Move requests in Exchange Server 2010, visit the following TechNet website:
For more information about how to configure the RPCClientAccessServer value in a mailbox database, visit the following TechNet website: