- Click Start, click All Programs, and then locate Microsoft Security Essentials.
- Right-click Microsoft Security Essentials, and then click Copy.
- Right-click on the desktop, and then click Paste.
To create the tray icon, follow these steps:
- Right-click the task bar, and then click Properties.
- On the Taskbar tab, click Customize in the Notification area.
- In the Select which icons and notifications appear on the taskbar list, locate the Microsoft Security Client user interface, and then change the setting to Show icon and notification.
Article ID: 2677049 - Last Review: Jul 12, 2013 - Revision: 1