An event ID 1100 message is logged in the Event Viewer on a Microsoft Windows 2000 Server-based computer, or an event ID 1114 message is logged in the Event Viewer on a Microsoft Windows Server 2003-based computer. The event ID messages may resemble the following messages:
Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322756 How to back up and restore the registry in WindowsTo resolve this issue yourself, try the following methods until the issue is resolved:
- Start the spooler service on the server.
- Turn off Windows printer mapping and LPT port mapping for Terminal Services connections. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type TSCC.MSC, and then click OK.
- Click Connections, and then double-click RDP-Tcp.
- Click the Client Settings tab.
- Click to clear the Windows printer mapping check box, click to clear the LPT port mapping check box, and then click OK.
- As a last resort, you can add the fEnablePrintRDR registry entry to delete the error message.
To have us add the fEnablePrintRDR registry entry for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section. If you prefer to add the fEnablePrintRDR registry entry yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
Fix it for meTo add the fEnablePrintRDR registry entry automatically, click the Fix it button or link. Then click Run in the File Download dialog box, and follow the steps in the Fix it wizard.
If the registry value is set to 0, Printer Redirection will fail even if the Print Spooler is started on the Terminal Server. In this scenario, no Event IDs are logged to indicate why no printers are being redirected. To enable print redirection, check (or create) the registry value and set the value to 1.