- You create a transactional replication publication on an instance of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2.
- The publication contains a table that has an XML column.
- You initialize the publication, and then one of the following events occurs in the table:
- A row is inserted that contains an empty string in the XML column.
- A row is updated by inserting an empty string into the XML column.
Note This issue does not occur if the XML column has the NULL value.
Cumulative update information
SQL Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1The fix for this issue was first released in Cumulative Update 6. For more information about how to obtain this cumulative update package for SQL Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Do not insert a row that contains an empty string in the XML column.
- Do not update a row by inserting an empty string into the XML column.
Article ID: 2681514 - Last Review: Apr 16, 2012 - Revision: 1