1. You are using System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 (VMM) to manage a cluster resource.
2. One node of the cluster displays a status of Needs Attention.
3. Viewing the properties of the node displays a connection status of Not Responding on the status tab.
4. Remove and attempting to re-add the cluster back again fails with the following error:
An internal error has occurred trying to contact an agent on the node1.xxx server.
(Unknown error (0x800007d0))
Ensure the agent is installed and running. Ensure the WS-Management service is installed and running, then restart the agent.
5. The other nodes can be added successfully, but when the cluster refreshes you receive the following message:
Host cluster <name> was not fully refreshed because not all of the nodes could be contacted. Highly available storage and virtual network information reported for this cluster might be inaccurate.
Ensure that all the nodes are online and do not have Not Responding status in Virtual Machine Manager. Then refresh the host cluster again.
1. Test using the following commands in an elevated command prompt (run a CMD prompt as Administrator):
winrm e wmi/root/cimv2/Win32_PerfRawData_Tcpi
Examine the result:
Message = HRESULT = 0x800007D0
Error number: -2147023537 0x8007054F
An internal error occurred.
wmic path Win32_PerfRawData_Tcpip_NetworkInterface get *
Examine the result:
2. Perform the steps documented in the following knowledge base article to rebuild the performance counters:
2554336 - How to manually rebuild Performance Counters for Windows Server 2008 64bit or Windows Server 2008 R2 systems
3. Remove the partially added cluster and re-add the same cluster once again.
At this point all nodes should be added successfully.
976640 - How to troubleshoot the "Not Responding" host status in SCVMM 2008 and in SCVMM 2008 R2 (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;976640)
Article ID: 2686573 - Last Review: Apr 19, 2012 - Revision: 1