- The issues that the update fixes.
- The prerequisites for installing the update.
- Whether you must restart the computer after you install the update.
- Whether the update is replaced by any other update.
- Whether you must make any registry changes.
- The files that the update contains.
Issue that this update fixesThis update resolves the issues that are documented in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles.
- 2686825 An update is available to add a detailed exception message to an Office Communications Server 2007 R2 trace log
- 2686821 OWA does not work correctly in an Office Communications Server 2007 R2 environment that has OWA integration configured
- 2686826 An update is available for Office Communications Server 2007 R2, UCMA 2.0 Core Redist 64-bit to support encoded IPV6 addresses
- 2512090 A call that is ended by the caller before the ring back tone is played rings the Response Group Service unexpectedly in an Office Communications Server 2007 R2 environment
Update informationThe following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Ucmaredist.msp package now.
Release date: April 2012
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this update package.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Hotfix replacement informationThis update replaces the update that is previously listed in the following KB article:
- 2647091 Description of the cumulative update for Office Communications Server 2007 R2, Unified Communications Managed API 2.0 Core Redist 64-bit: January 2012
Registry informationTo use one of the updates in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Update installation informationTo apply this update, install the UCMARedist.msp package on the computers that are running the following Office Communications Server 2007 R2 server roles:
- Office Communications Server 2007 R2 – Standard Edition Server
- Office Communications Server 2007 R2 – Enterprise Edition Consolidated
- Office Communications Server 2007 R2 – Enterprise Edition Distributed – Front-end
- Office Communications Server 2007 R2 – Enterprise Edition Distributed – Web Conferencing MCU
- Office Communications Server 2007 R2 – Enterprise Edition Distributed – Audio Video Conferencing MCU
- Office Communications Server 2007 R2 – Enterprise Edition Distributed – Application Sharing MCU
- Office Communications Server 2007 R2 – Enterprise Edition Distributed – Web Components Server
- Office Communications Server 2007 R2 – Edge Server
- Office Communications Server 2007 R2 – Mediation Server
- Office Communications Server 2007 R2 – Communicator Web Access
- Click Start, click AllPrograms, click Accessories, and then right-clickCommand Prompt.
- Click Run as administrator. If you areprompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the passwordor provide confirmation.
- At the command prompt, start the update (the .msp package).
Removal informationTo remove this update, use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel.
Sometimes, when you try to uninstall this update, you are prompted for the source CD. If this behavior occurs, insert the source CD, or provide the path where the source files can be found.
File informationThis update may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This update contains only the files that you must have to resolve the issues that are listed in this article.
After the update is installed, the global version of this update has the file attributes, or a later version of the file attributes, that are listed in the following table:
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
|File_default.tmx||Not Applicable||449,682||14-Mar-12||8:22||Not Applicable|
|File_ocs_ucmaruntime.de_de.rtf||Not Applicable||10,010||14-Mar-12||8:22||Not Applicable|
|File_ocs_ucmaruntime.en_us.rtf||Not Applicable||9,610||14-Mar-12||8:22||Not Applicable|
|File_ocs_ucmaruntime.es_es.rtf||Not Applicable||9,189||14-Mar-12||8:22||Not Applicable|
|File_ocs_ucmaruntime.fr_fr.rtf||Not Applicable||8,627||14-Mar-12||8:22||Not Applicable|
|File_ocs_ucmaruntime.it_it.rtf||Not Applicable||9,109||14-Mar-12||8:22||Not Applicable|
|File_ocs_ucmaruntime.ja_jp.rtf||Not Applicable||23,658||14-Mar-12||8:22||Not Applicable|
|File_ocs_ucmaruntime.ko_kr.rtf||Not Applicable||34,006||14-Mar-12||8:22||Not Applicable|
|File_ocs_ucmaruntime.pt_br.rtf||Not Applicable||8,148||14-Mar-12||8:22||Not Applicable|
|File_ocs_ucmaruntime.zh_cn.rtf||Not Applicable||15,741||14-Mar-12||8:22||Not Applicable|
|File_ocs_ucmaruntime.zh_tw.rtf||Not Applicable||16,290||14-Mar-12||8:22||Not Applicable|
Article ID: 2686823 - Last Review: Apr 13, 2012 - Revision: 1