The DVDs for Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 2 (SP2), for SharePoint 2010 SP2, for Office Servers SP2, and for FAST Technologies 2010 SP2 contain the patches that were released for SP2. This allows users to update all Office products in a single installation. Similarly, site administrators and more advanced users can extract all the SP2 updates (.msp files) and then decide which updates to apply.
Products that are patched by the DVDsThe SP2 DVDs contain updates for the following products.
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Microsoft Office 2010 Language Pack
- Microsoft Office 2010 Proofing Tools Kit
- Microsoft Office 2010 Filter Pack
- Microsoft Project 2010
- Microsoft Visio 2010
- Microsoft Visio 2010 Viewer
- Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer
- Microsoft Access 2010 Runtime
- Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 Client Object Model Redistributable
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
- Microsoft Search Server 2010
- Microsoft FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Indexing Connector for Documentum
- Microsoft 2010 Server Language Pack
- Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 Language Pack
- Microsoft Project Server 2010
- Microsoft Groove Server 2010
- Duet Enterprise for Microsoft SharePoint and SAP
- Microsoft Office Web Apps
Which DVD do I need?There are a total of nine DVDs, and these contain all the SP2 updates: eight DVDs for the client products and one DVD for the server products. Use the following guidelines to decide which DVDs you need:
- If you want to update the server products, select the 64-bit server DVD. This DVD contains all SP2 updates in all languages for all server products.
- If you want to update the client products, select a DVD that is based on the languages of the product that you have installed, in either the 32-bit or 64-bit format. For more information, see the following table: Note Most Office products include several files from other languages. For example, the Greek version of Office (on DVD5) also includes proofing tools for other languages. Even though these additional languages are on other DVDs, you will be fully patched if you install only DVD5. This is the case because all DVDs have proofing tool updates for all languages. Therefore, when you decide which DVD you need, select only the DVD that corresponds to the main languages of the products that you have installed. However, if you have the English version of Office and the Japanese version of Visio, for example, you will need both DVD1 and DVD3.
Danish (da-dk) Hebrew he-il Greek (el-gr) Arabic (ar-sa) German (de-de) Hindi (hi-in) Estonian (et-ee) Bulgarian (bg-bg) English (en-us) Japanese (ja-jp) Finnish (fi-fi) Czech (cs-cz) Spanish (es-es) Korean (ko-kr) Kazakh (kk-kz) Croatian (hr-hr) French (fr-fr) Thai (th-th) Lithuanian (lt-lt) Hungarian (hu-hu) Italian (it-it) Chinese (zh-cn) Latvian (lv-lv) Romanian (ro-ro) Dutch (nl-nl) Chinese (zh-tw) Norwegian (nb-no) Slovak (sk-sk) Portuguese (pt-br) Polish (pl-pl) Slovenian (sl-si) Portuguese (pt-pt) Russian (ru-ru) Serbian Latin (sr-latn-cs) Swedish (sv-se) Turkish (tr-tr) Ukrainian (uk-ua)
How do I obtain the DVD?The SP2 DVDs are available only to Volume License customers. Before you order a DVD, see the "Which DVD do I need?" section to make sure that you are ordering the correct DVD or DVDs. When you know which DVDs that you want, you can order them by visiting the Volume Licensing Service Center site:
Downloadable lists of issues that the service packs fixA Microsoft Excel workbook is available that contains a list of issues that are fixed by the service pack.
Note The workbook is available only in English.
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Microsoft Office and SharePoint 2010 Service Pack 2 Changes.xlsx package now.
For more information about a complete list of all released SP2 server packages, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2687521 List of all Office 2010 SP2 packages
2687522 List List of available SharePoint 2010 and Office Server 2010 SP2 packages
How to install the service packInstructions for simple installation
To update all Office products to SP2, insert the disc into your DVD drive and then follow the prompts that are displayed automatically. If the installation does not start automatically, you can start the installation by double-clicking the following file in the DVD:
Note This example applies to the languages on DVD1. Replace the "1" in "dvd1" with "2," "3," "4," and so on if you are installing a different language. Also, replace the "x86" with "x64" as appropriate.
Instructions for advanced installation
If you want a more advanced, customized installation, use the following procedures. This advanced installation process involves extracting the individual updates (.msp files) from the DVDs and then applying the .msp files that correspond to the products that you want to update.
- Extract .msp files
First, extract all the individual updates from the DVDs. To do this, follow these steps:
- Create a new directory that is used to export the .msp files. Name this directory “Output Directory.
- Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then press Enter.
- Change the current directory by using the cdcommand to point to the location of the DVD.
Note If you copy the .exe file from the DVD to a different location before you extract the .msp files, make sure that you also copy all the .cab files from the DVD. They must be present in the same directory as the .exe file for the extraction process to succeed.
- Type the following command, and then press Enter:
cdvd12010-kb2687471-fullfile-x86-glb.exe /extract:Output Directory
Note You can replace the "1" in "dvd1" with 2, 3, 4, and so on if you are installing a different language. Also, replace the "x86" with "x64" as appropriate.
- Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms to start the extraction process after you enter the command.
- Determine which .msp files to install
See the following KB articles to determine which update to apply after all the .msp files are extracted. These KB articles contain a mapping of .msp files to the corresponding SP2 packages:2687523 Technical details about the Office 2010 SP2 releases2687524 Technical details about the SharePoint 2010 and Office Server 2010 SP2 releases
- Apply individual .msp files
You can use the Office 2010 Updates folder if you are installing Office for the first time on a new computer. Essentially, you must collect all the required .msp files, put them into the Office 2010 Updates folder, and then run the Office installation.
For more information about how to use the Updates folder, visit the following Microsoft website: