- You create an application that uses a Deployment Type that has the Persist content in the client cache option selected and then deploy the application to a client computer that is running Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager.
- You install the application on the client computer that is running Configuration Manager.
- In the Configuration Manager Administrator Console, you make a change to the application Deployment Type that affects the source and then distribute that new source to your distribution points.
- On the client, you remove the application by using Control Panel to and then run the Application Deployment Evaluation Cycle action by using the Configuration Manager item in Control Panel.
- The updated Deployment Type source content is downloaded into the client cache.
In this scenario, the original source content remains in the client cache. However, you expect the old source content to be removed from the client cache.
Article ID: 2688244 - Last Review: Apr 26, 2017 - Revision: 2