- You have a common area phone that is running Microsoft Lync 2010 Phone Edition in a Microsoft Lync Server 2010 environment.
- You sign in to the phone by using a common area phone account.
- The administrator shuts down the Lync Server 2010 Front End server. Therefore, you receive the following error message on the phone:Signing in... Cannot sign in. There may be a problem with the server or with your network connection. Please check your network connection. Retrying…
- The administrator restarts the Lync Server 2010 Front End server.
- You wait for several minutes.
For Polycom CX500, Polycom CX600, and Polycom CX3000 telephones
For Aastra 6721ip and Aastra 6725ip telephones
Restart the phone.
Press Cancel, and then sign in to the phone by using the common area phone account.
Article ID: 2688319 - Last Review: May 14, 2012 - Revision: 1