- You install Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 on a computer that has a processor-group aware feature enabled.
- You run the Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Setup program on the computer.
- You enable the FileStream configuration on the Database Engine Configuration page of the SQL Server 2012 Setup wizard.
<Date><Time> server Process 0:0:0 (0x1f78) Worker 0x00000004F3FD8160 appears to be non-yielding on Scheduler 3.
Cumulative update information
SQL Server 2012The fix for this issue was first released in Cumulative Update 1 for SQL Server 2012. For more information about how to obtain this cumulative update package for SQL Server, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Do not enable the FileStream configuration when you run the SQL Server 2012 Setup program. You can use SQL Server Configuration Manager to enable the configuration after SQL Server 2012 is installed.
- Use the following command to disable the processor-group aware feature. Then, restart the computer, and run the SQL Server 2012 installation.bcdedit.exe /set groupaware off
Article ID: 2688692 - Last Review: Nov 21, 2012 - Revision: 1