- Click the Insert tab, and then click Page Number in the Header & Footer group.
- In the Page Numbers dialog box, select the number placement that you would like, and then click OK.
If you want to remove page numbers from a master page, follow these steps:
- Click the View tab, and then click Master Page in the Views group.
- Select the header or the footer that contains the page number mark (#), and then do one of the following:
- To remove the entire header or footer, press CTRL + SHIFT + X.
- To remove only the page number, select the page number mark (#) inside the header or footer, and then press DELETE.
- Help from the Microsoft Community online community:
Visit the Microsoft community and post your question about this error.
- Contact Microsoft support:
Find the phone number to contact Microsoft Support.
Article ID: 2691076 - Last Review: Oct 18, 2012 - Revision: 1