Consider the following scenario:
- You create a receive port in Microsoft BizTalk Server 2010. Additionally, the "Track Message Bodies - Request message before port processing" option on this receive port is enabled.
- You create a receive location that belongs to this receive port in order to receive POP3 email messages by using the POP3 adapter from a mail server.
- A message from the mail server arrives at the receive location, and message validation fails.
The Messaging Engine encountered an error while suspending one or more messages.
- When this issue occurs, the message is not removed from the mail server and BizTalk polls the message repeatedly.
- The issue only occurs to a message that has its validation fail.
Cumulative update information
For BizTalk Server 2010The hotfix that resolves this issue is included in cumulative update package 5 for BizTalk Server 2010.
For more information about how to obtain the cumulative update package, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2689458 Cumulative update package 5 for BizTalk Server 2010
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For information about the service packs and cumulative update list for BizTalk Server, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2555976 Service pack and cumulative update list for BizTalk ServerFor more information about BizTalk hotfixes and Service Pack support, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2003907 Information about BizTalk hotfixes and Service Pack support
Article ID: 2691537 - Last Review: Jun 19, 2012 - Revision: 1
BizTalk Server Enterprise 2010