- You have a Windows Server 2008 R2 with Failover Clustering configured.
- You have Symantec Storage Foundation for Windows installed and configured to manage disks.
- You do not get the Review Storage Status screen while running the Cluster validation wizard and the storage tests are skipped.
Dynamic Disk support on a Failover Cluster is provided by leveraging the Storage Foundation for Windows product, which uses a seperate cluster resource DLL and has its own unique set of requirements. Validate is not designed to test Dynamic Disks and will exclude Dynamic Disks from its set of storage tests.
List Potential Cluster Disks
List disks visible to two or more nodes that will be validated for cluster compatibility. Online clustered disks will be excluded.
No disks were found on which to perform cluster validation tests. To correct this, review the following possible causes:
* The disks are already clustered and currently Online in the cluster. When testing a working cluster, ensure that the disks that you want to test are Offline in the cluster.
* The disks are unsuitable for clustering. Boot volumes, system volumes, disks used for paging or dump files, and disks that do not use NTFS are examples of disks unsuitable for clustering.
* The disks are not visible to two or more nodes. Review the "List All Disks" test to see which disks are visible to the nodes. Ensure that the disks you want to test are unmasked, that is, your masking or zoning does not prevent access to the disks. If the disks seem to be unmasked or zoned correctly but could not be tested, try restarting the servers before running the validation tests again.
* The cluster does not use shared storage. A cluster must use a hardware or software based replication solution to replicate data between nodes. If your solution is in fact based on replication between nodes, you do not need to rerun Storage tests. Instead, work with the provider of your replication solution to ensure that data is being replicated between nodes.
No disks were found on which to perform cluster validation tests.
Dynamic disk configuration unavailable for server cluster disk resources