Event Source: NETLOGON
Event Category: None
Event ID: 2114
Description: The Server service is not started.
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event ID: 7024
Description: The Netlogon service terminated with service-specific error 2114.
- The dependent services of the Netlogon service have been changed from the default values and are not properly configured. You may be unable to access some network resources on the computer because the Netlogon service is not started.
- You removed Client for Microsoft Networks, and then reinstalled it. The dependencies are not reset correctly if the Client for Microsoft Networks component is removed and then reinstalled.
To resolve this issue:
- Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
- Locate the following registry key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Services/Netlogon/
- In the right pane, double-click the DependOnService value .
- In the Multi-String Editor dialog box, type the following strings on separate lines, and then click OK:LanmanServer
- Quit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.