E-mail that you receive may be unexpectedly moved to the Dumpster in your Exchange mailbox or permanently deleted for other e-mail accounts.
This problem can occur when both of the following items are true:
- The e-mail message was considered junk by Outlook.
- You have the Permanently delete suspected junk e-mail instead of moving it to the Junk E-mail folder option enabled in Microsoft Outlook.
If you do not want Outlook to permanently delete e-mail messages considered to be junk
, make the following configuration change in Outlook.
- Open the Junk E-mail Options dialog box.
- Outlook 2010 and later versions:
On the Home tab on the Ribbon, click Junk, and then click Junk E-mail Options.
- Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2003
On the Tools menu click Options, and then click Junk E-mail.
- On the Options tab, click to clear the Permanently delete suspected junk e-mail instead of moving it to the Junk E-mail folder option.
- Click OK.