If you have Skype installed, please read: Text has incorrect format when using paste in Microsoft Office.
Paste Special can make the task of pasting text go more smoothly by letting you choose which formatting you want to keep (source or destination) or by stripping all the formatting and just pasting the text. If you are having issues with Paste Special, continue on to the resolutions below:
To see if Paste Special is enabled:
- Go to: File > Options > Advanced.
- Under Cut, copy and paste, ensure Show Paste Options button when content is pasted is checked.
- Click Start > All Programs > Microsoft Office.
- Press and hold the CTRL key, and click Microsoft Excel 2010. You will be asked if you want to open Excel in the Safe Mode, click Yes.
Note: If you have an icon on your desktop, hold down Ctrl and click on the icon. This works with any Microsoft Office product.
- If Paste Special works in the Safe Mode as follows, enable your Add-ins one at a time until you hit that one that is causing the conflict. Leave that one disabled or uninstall it.
Note: Find out more on Adding or Removing Add-ins. Find out more on Working with Office Safe Modes.