When creating and deploying prestaged media using System Center Configuration Manager 2007, when the WIM comes back from the OEM on a new target machine the label of the C: drive on the target machine is set to the ID of the user that created the media.
NOTE See the following for more information about prestaged media: http://blogs.technet.com/b/configurationmgr/archive/2011/01/11/how-to-stage-task-sequence-prestaged-media-on-a-hard-drive-in-configuration-manager-2007.aspx
Follow these steps to modify AutoRun.INF (which is inside the WIM) and remove the label attribute:
1. Run imagex.exe to mount the WIM (for example: WIM is e:\osd2\image3.wim):
Cd\program files\windows aik\tools\x86
Imagex.exe /mountrw 1 e:\osd2\image3.wim c:\mount
2. Edit AutoRun.INF removing the lines containing Label= and Icon=:
3. Run imagex.exe to unmount the WIM (make sure to exit out of c:\mount or a File in Use error may occur):
Imagex.exe /unmount /commit c:\mount
4. Update the WIM image on all Distribution Points with a new package source version.
5. Continue following the standard steps to create and deploy prestaged media per the article listed below in the More Information section.
How to stage Task Sequence Prestaged Media on a hard drive in Configuration Manager 2007 : http://blogs.technet.com/b/configurationmgr/archive/2011/01/11/how-to-stage-task-sequence-prestaged-media-on-a-hard-drive-in-configuration-manager-2007.aspx.
Steps to reproduce.
Product Bug Number: 267051 & 267656
Author ID (email alias): davismit
Writer ID(email alias):
Tech Review ID (email alias):
Confirm Article has been Tech Reviewed: Yes/No
Confirm Article released for Publishing: Yes/No
Article ID: 2702735 - Last Review: May 9, 2012 - Revision: 1