This article describes how to move Exchange databases by using Exchange System Manager.
To move Exchange databases:
- Start Exchange System Manager.
- Locate the server that contains the databases (stores) that you want to move.
- Under the server, locate the storage group that contains the databases that you want to move.
- Right-click the appropriate database.
- Click Properties on the shortcut menu.
- Click the Database tab.
- Click Browse next to the Exchange 2000 database to select a new location for the .edb file.
- Click Browse next to the Exchange 2000 streaming database to select a new location for the .stm file.
- Click OK or Apply to apply your changes, or click Cancel if you do not want to apply your changes.
- If you clicked OK or Apply, you receive the following warning message:You are about to perform the following operation(s)(Only the operations that you have chosen are listed in the warning message.) The warning message contains a Yes and a No button.
- change the Exchange database location
- change the Exchange streaming database location
Do you want to continue?
- Click Yes if you are ready to proceed, otherwise click No.
- If you clicked Yes, the stores (databases) are dismounted, moved, and remounted. When these procedures are successfully completed, you receive the following informational message:The database files have been moved successfully
- Click OK in the informational message to finish.
270694 How to change log file (.log) and temporary file (.chk and .tmp) locations in Exchange 2000
Article ID: 270693 - Last Review: Dec 2, 2007 - Revision: 1