- You have Windows Embedded Compact 7 installed on a computer that is running Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3).
- You clone the Calibrui module for a Windows Embedded Compact 7-based image in Platform Builder.
- You build the image.
In this scenario, you receive the following error message in the build log:
'C:\WINCE700\public\common\oak\Bin\i386\SysgenMake.EXE' : return code
Software update informationA supported software update is now available from Microsoft as Windows Embedded Compact 7 Monthly Update May 2012. In the "File information" section, the package file name contains the processor type.
Note This Windows Embedded Compact 7 monthly update is available for download from the following Microsoft Download Center website:
PrerequisitesThis update is supported only if all previously issued updates for this product have also been installed.
Restart requirementAfter you apply this update, you must perform a clean build of the whole platform. To do this, use one of the following methods:
- On the Build menu, click Clean Solution, and then click Build Solution.
- On the Build menu, click Rebuild Solution.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace any other updates.
File informationThe English version of this software update package has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
Files that are included in this update package
|File name||File size||Date||Time||Path|
Note The actual environment block size (72706 in this case) is variable and depends on your specific computer and settings.
To work around this problem, take one or more of the following actions:
- Reduce unwanted Sysgen variables from the project.
- Change folder names, solution names, and so on to reduce the directory path lengths that are used.
- Reduce unwanted locales from the project.
These workarounds will in effect reduce the environment variable size and help you keep the environment variable block size under 65535 bytes.
Article ID: 2709958 - Last Review: Jun 12, 2012 - Revision: 1