Reason: Access denied. You either made a mistake typing in your User ID and/or Password, or you do not have permission to access the database server.
- The web application is set up to use the Kerberos authentication method. In this case, follow the steps in this MSDN article:
- The client that makes the call to the PowerPivot workbook does not have updated Microsoft Analysis services OLE DB drivers. Download the latest Analysis services drivers from following Microsoft Download Center website:
- The web application where the PowerPivot workbook is stored has multiple bindings in Internet Information Services (IIS). In this case, follow these steps:
- Open IIS, select the SharePoint web application, and then click Bindings.
- If more than one binding is listed, delete the additional bindings.
- The PowerPivot workbook is stored at the site collection level on the SharePoint server. In this case, the user account that makes the connection has to have access to the Root Web application.
Article ID: 2712071 - Last Review: Dec 3, 2012 - Revision: 1