- You have a Windows 7 machine with a WSD (Web Services For Devices) MFP (Multi-Function Peripheral) device installed.
- You uninstall the WSD MFP device from the Devices and Printers control panel.
- You turn the device off, or restart it.
- After the device has been removed, you install it again.
- You then start a Scan job using Windows Fax and Scan
In this scenario, the following error message may appear:
No scanners were detected. If a scanner is installed, make sure that it is powered on and connected to the computer, and then try again. For information about adding or troubleshooting scanners, see Help and Support."
- Start an Administrator command prompt
- Type "net stop stisvc"
- Type "net start stisvc"
- From the Start menu, type "services.msc" to start the Services console.
- Locate the "Windows Image Acquisition" service
- Click on it, and then click on "Restart the service."
Alternately, after you have uninstalled the WSD MFP device, wait a few minutes before installing the device again.
Article ID: 2712621 - Last Review: May 14, 2012 - Revision: 1