- A custom retention policy was created and assigned to the mailbox.
- The Default MRM Policy was renamed.
- Increase the number of days in the custom retention policy.
- Assign the Default MRM Policy to the mailbox.
- Rename the retention policy that's assigned to the mailbox as "Default MRM Policy" (without the quotation marks).
For more information, see the following resources:
- Extended email retention for deleted items in Office 365
- Default Retention Policy in Exchange Online and Exchange Server
Article ID: 2714467 - Last Review: Dec 16, 2016 - Revision: 1