- Click the Close button (the X in the upper-right corner) of the window that you do not want.
NOTE: If you click Close on the File menu, Excel closes all windows that contain the workbook. Because the settings are retained, you will see all the windows again the next time you open the workbook.
- Repeat step 1 until only the window that you want is open.
NOTE: When only one window is still open, the title bar no longer displays a colon and a number.
- Press CTRL+S to save the workbook.
- Press CTRL+N to create a new winodw.
Excel designates multiple windows of the same workbook by appending a colon and a number to the file name on the title bar.
- Switch to the new window, and then click a sheet that you want to view.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 for each sheet that you want to view in a window.
Article ID: 272025 - Last Review: Jan 2, 2007 - Revision: 1