- You use SQL Server Audit in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 to audit an instance of the SQL Server Database Engine or of a single database.
- The instance of SQL Server 2008 is running on an IA-64 computer.
- The audit target is the Windows Security log or the Windows Application log.
- This issue does not occur when the audit target is a file.
- This issue does not occur when the instance of SQL Server 2008 is running on an x86 or x64 computer.
Cumulative update information
Cumulative update package 6 for SQL Server 2008 SP 3The fix for this issue was first released in Cumulative Update 6. For more information about how to obtain this cumulative update package for SQL Server 2008 SP3, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 2720940 - Last Review: Jul 16, 2012 - Revision: 1