Consider the following scenario:
- You have a mixed Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 and Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 environment.
- You have Full Access permissions to mailbox A on an Exchange Server 2003 server.
- You also have Full Access permissions to mailbox B on an Exchange Server 2010 server.
- You have an email message that contains multiple colons in the subject line. For example, the subject of an email message is "A:B:C:D."
- You copy or move the email message from mailbox A to a folder in mailbox B by using Microsoft Outlook in online mode.
- You copy the email message from the folder to another folder in mailbox B.
This issue occurs because the Exchange server incorrectly renormalizes the normalized subject line if the PR_SUBJECT_PREFIX property of the email message is set.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2724188 - Last Review: Aug 14, 2012 - Revision: 1
Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Enterprise, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Standard