Microsoft has released an update for Microsoft Office 2013. This update provides the latest fixes for the 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Office 2013 and Office Home and Student 2013 RT. Additionally, this update contains stability and performance improvements.
Issue that this update fixes
Issue that this update fixes
- Assume that you assign a color theme to the title, subtitle or text in a slide master in Microsoft PowerPoint 2013. In this situation, the color theme for the slides is not updated in the Edit window.
Note The slides are displayed correctly in Preview window.
- When you copy an Ideographic Variation Sequence character in to PowerPoint 2013, the character is displayed incorrectly in a PowerPoint 2013 presentation.
- Assume that you use Microsoft Narrator to read content in PowerPoint 2013. You press CAPS LOCK + SPACEBAR on the keyboard to set the "insertion point" on the text, and then you move through the text by using the arrow key. In this situation, Narrator does not read the characters as you move through the text. The expected behavior is that Narrator reads each character as you move through the text.
- Assume that you have a PowerPoint 2013 presentation that contains some Smart Arts objects. Then you set up the presentation to run on a second monitor. In this situation, the Smart Art objects are displayed incorrectly in the presentation on the second monitor.
- When you use Narrator to read a slide that contains multiple bullets in PowerPoint 2013, Narrator incorrectly reads the full text of the bullet. The expected behavior is that Narrator only reads the line where the cursor is located.
- When you use Narrator to read a presentation that contains comments in PowerPoint 2013, Narrator cannot read the comments as expected.
- When you use Narrator to read a slide that contains a table in PowerPoint 2013, Narrator reads the table as "shape."
Update detailsThis update does not replace any previously released update.
How to obtain and install the updateNote This update applies to Office 2013 MSI installations only. This update does not apply to click-to-run installations.
To identify the installation version of Office 2013, follow these steps:
- Start an Office 2013 application, such as Microsoft Word 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- If Office 2013 was installed by using Click-to-Run, an "Update Options" item is displayed. For an MSI installation, the "Update Options" item is not displayed.
Note The update for Office Home and Student 2013 RT is available only from Windows Update.
Download the 32-bit update package now.
Download the 64-bit update package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
You do not have to restart the computer after you install this update.
Article ID: 2726961 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 2
Microsoft Office Home and Business 2013, Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013, Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013 RT, Microsoft Office Personal 2013, Microsoft Office Professional 2013, Microsoft Office Professional Academic 2013, Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013, Microsoft Office Standard 2013