- You have a Microsoft SQL Server 2012 failover cluster instance on a computer that is running Server Core for Windows Server.
- You apply Cumulative Update 1 for SQL Server 2012 to the failover cluster instance.
- You try to install one of the following features on the computer:
- Database Engine Services
- SQL Server Replication
- Full-Text and Semantic Extractions for Search
- Analysis Services
- Client Tools Connectivity
- Integration Services
- SQL Client Connectivity SDK
Note There is a regression in cumulative update 1 for SQL Server 2012. After you apply the update, SQL Server 2012 supports the DQS feature on failover clusters. For detailed information, click the following article number to view the article in Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Cumulative update information
Service pack information for SQL Server 2012To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for SQL Server 2012. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Cumulative update package 3 for SQL Server 2012The fix for this issue was first released in Cumulative Update 3. For more information about how to obtain this cumulative update package for SQL Server 2012, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 2727221 - Last Review: Nov 19, 2012 - Revision: 1