- Voice and video calling your Facebook friends from Skype
- Finding your Facebook contacts more easily and faster with the new contacts lists
- Tagging the contacts you talk to most often as Favorites
In order to make it simple and fast for Skype users to upgrade to the latest version of Skype for Windows, we have integrated Skype into Microsoft Updates. If you have Skype installed on your PC already, either directly from www.skype.com or a pre-installed version on your PC, you will receive the latest version of Skype through Microsoft Updates.
To check if Skype is already installed on your PC
- Click the Start button, click Run, type regedit in the Run window, and then click OK.
- On the left hand pane of the Registry Editor window, find HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Skype\Phone.
- If the registry key exists, click the Phone folder.
- In the right hand pane of the Registry Editor window, you should see an entry entitled SkypePath. The value under the Data field will tell you exactly where on your computer Skype is installed.
- If the key, SkypePath, does not exist, check if it exists in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Skype\Phone. Repeat steps 3-4.
If you’re planning to upgrade from an earlier version of Skype for Windows, you can learn more about the updates on the Skype Garage blog. The Archives section of the blog contains detailed information on previous updates. The Skype Garage blog is available in English only.
There are two ways to get the update*:
- Via Windows Update:
- Click here to check Windows Update.
- Via the Update function in the Skype application:
- In the menu bar, select Help > Check for Updates.
- After checking the version, click Download, then click Upgrade.
How can I install the latest version of Skype for Windows?To install Skype 5.10 for Windows:
- Download the latest version from the Skype web site.
- Click Run to run Skype directly from your browser.
- Follow the steps in the setup wizard to complete the installation.
- Open Skype and sign in by entering your Skype Name and password.