- The software development kit (SDK) for developing StreamInsight applications and adapters
- The StreamInsight Event Flow Debugger for monitoring, diagnosing, and debugging StreamInsight applications
- The runtime libraries for StreamInsight
How to obtain Microsoft StreamInsight 2.1To download and to install StreamInsight 2.1, go to the following Microsoft Update website: The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Microsoft StreamInsight 2.1 package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
PrerequisitesTo install StreamInsight 2.1, the following prerequisites must be met:
- You have administrative permissions on the computer.
- The Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 is installed on the computer.
- To install a version of StreamInsight 2.1 (StreamInsight.msi) other than the evaluation version, you must have a valid Microsoft SQL Server 2012 product key. The product key determines the scalability capacity (which, in turn, determines the event rate per second) that is available to StreamInsight 2.1. You should be aware that an instance of SQL Server 2012 that is associated with the product key does not have to be installed on the computer.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply the installation. However, the installation process creates a user group that is named according to the instance name. For an instance named "MyInstance," the user group is named "StreamInsightUsers$MyInstance." If you want to connect to a remote StreamInsight server, you must be a member of this group. If you are logged in while your account is being added to the group, you must log off and then log on the computer for the group membership to become effective.
Article ID: 2731961 - Last Review: Aug 21, 2012 - Revision: 1