- Exit Visual Studio 2012 if it is running.
- Download and install the latest release of the Visual Studio Update from the Microsoft Download Center. The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart your computer after you install this package.
- Open the Generic.xaml file from the following location:<Extension SDK installation folder>\Redist\CommonConfiguration\neutral\Themes
- In the default style of the Generic.xaml file, locate the default template for Visual Studio 2012 Extension SDK.
- Copy and paste the default template information into the blank copy of the control template that was mentioned in the "Symptoms" section.
- Change the xmlns names for the control template as appropriate, and use the Style attribute.
Article ID: 2738093 - Last Review: Nov 26, 2012 - Revision: 1