Assume that you click Edit aCopy to create a copy of a control template in Blend or in XAML Designer on a computer that has Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 Extension SDK installed. In this situation, a blank copy of the control template is created.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Exit Visual Studio 2012 if it is running.
- Download and install the latest release of the Visual Studio Update from the Microsoft Download Center. The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart your computer after you install this package.
To work around this problem, follow these steps:
- Open the Generic.xaml file from the following location:<Extension SDK installation folder>\Redist\CommonConfiguration\neutral\Themes
- In the default style of the Generic.xaml file, locate the default template for Visual Studio 2012 Extension SDK.
- Copy and paste the default template information into the blank copy of the control template that was mentioned in the "Symptoms" section.
- Change the xmlns names for the control template as appropriate, and use the Style attribute.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2738093 - Last Review: Nov 26, 2012 - Revision: 1
Microsoft Visual Studio Ultimate 2012, Microsoft Visual Studio Premium 2012, Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2012, Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2012 for Web, Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows 8