- Restart your computer in Safe or DOS Mode.
- Click Start, point to Search, and then click For Files or Folders.
- In the Named box, type wininit.ini.
- In the Look in box, click Local hard drives, and then click Find Now.
- Right-click the Wininit.ini file, click Rename, type wininit.xxx, and then click OK.
- Close the Find Files window, and then run System Restore again.
- If the previous steps do not resolve the problem, run the following command to repair the damaged portions of your registry:scanreg /fix
For additional information about the Wininit.ini file, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 274092 - Last Review: Jun 19, 2014 - Revision: 1