This article describes the Connection Info feature in the Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) client that is introduced in Windows 8 and in Windows Server 2012. This feature is available only when the client connects to a remote computer that is running Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012.
When you log on to a remote computer in full-screen mode, a Connection Info icon appears on the connection bar. The Connection Info icon is displayed as a signal strength bar meter. When you click the icon, a pop-up window appears and displays the following information:
- The quality of the connection to the remote computer
- Whether User Datagram Protocol (UDP) is enabled or not
The following table lists the relationship between the number of bars in the icon and the bandwidth of the connection:
|Number of bars||RTT latency (in milliseconds)|
The Connection Info feature is also included in the Remote Desktop app that is available from Windows Store. To install the Remote Desktop app, follow these steps:
|Number of bars||Bandwidth of the connection|
- On the Start screen, click Store.
- Select Productivity, select Remote Desktop, and then click Install.
- Click the connection bar
- Swipe from the bottom or top edge of the screen
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Home