As of Update Rollup 12, or the December 2012 Service Update, Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 is compatible with Internet Explorer 10 for the desktop without Compatibility Mode.
Please Note: In both of the above circumstances, Internet Explorer 10 support is limited to the desktop browser mode, and does not apply to the touch version of the browser.
Update Rollup 10 with Internet Explorer 10 Compatibility Mode
To change the Compatibility Mode of Internet Explorer 10, follow the steps below:
1. Right-click the top toolbar within Internet Explorer 10
2. Select to mark Menu Bar
3. Point to Tools and click Compatibility View Settings
4. Here, mark the Display all websites in Compatibility View checkbox or enter the specific CRM URLs under Add this website and click Add
Known issues that may be encountered when using Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 with Update Rollup 10 in Internet Explorer 10 for the desktop in Compatibility Mode:
- The dropdown list doesn't expand if there is only one item in it. For example:
- Logon to the Microsoft Dynamics CRM web application
- Click Service and click Service Calendar. Make sure the type is Resource
- Click the drop down list View
- Notice that the list items do not expand
Article ID: 2743941 - Last Review: Nov 16, 2012 - Revision: 1