Microsoft has released Update Rollup 9 for Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3 (SP3). This update rollup is dated December 11, 2012. This article describes the following information about the update rollup:
- The issues that the update rollup resolves
- How to obtain the update rollup
- The prerequisites to install the update rollup
Issues that the update rollup resolves
Update Rollup 9 for Exchange Server 2007 SP3 addresses the vulnerabilities that are described in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS12-080. This update also resolves the following issue:
2748658 EdgeTransport.exe process crashes on an Exchange Server 2007 Hub Transport server if the server processes a single occurrence of a recurring meeting
Update rollup informationTo download and to install Update Rollup 9 for Exchange Server 2007 SP3, go to the following Microsoft Update website:
Note Microsoft Update does not detect Update rollups for Exchange Server 2007 on clustered Exchange Server 2007 systems.
You may want to deploy Update Rollup 7 for Exchange Server 2007 SP3 to multiple computers that are running Exchange Server 2007. Or, you may want to deploy Update Rollup 7 for Exchange Server 2007 SP3 to clustered servers that are running Exchange Server 2007. The update rollup is also available from the Microsoft Download Center.
The update rollup is available for download from the following Microsoft Download Center website:
Release Date: December 11, 2012
- Before you install these update, we recommend that you read the prerequisites, installation instructions, and known issues for the update. For more information, go to the following Microsoft website:
- Before you install an update rollup to clustered Mailbox servers, we recommend that you go to the following Microsoft website:
- For more information about the Exchange Server 2007 servicing model, go to the following Microsoft website:
- This update rollup does not apply to Exchange Server 2007 release to manufacturing (RTM) version, to Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1), or to Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2). The series of update rollup packages for Exchange Server 2007 SP3 are independent of the corresponding series of update rollups for Exchange Server 2007 RTM, for Exchange Server 2007 SP1, and for Exchange Server 2007 SP2.
For a list of update rollups that apply to Exchange Server 2007 RTM, to Exchange Server 2007 SP1, or to Exchange Server 2007 SP2, go to the following Microsoft website:
Restart requirementThe required services are automatically restarted when you apply this update rollup.
Removal informationTo remove Update Rollup 9 for Exchange Server 2007 SP3, use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel to remove update 2746157.
For more information about terminology that Microsoft uses to describe software updates, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates