The backup operation that started at '?2012?-?03?-?31T07:00:05.748719600Z' has encountered errors for the volume(s) 'F:'. Log of files not successfully backed up 'C:\Windows\Logs\WindowsServerBackup\Backup_Error-31-03-2012_02-00-05.log'.
Error in backup of F:\$Extend\$RmMetadata\$TxfLog\$TxfLog.blf during write: Error [0x80070005] Access is denied.
Method 1Configure the server backup policy on the affected drive as block-level backup. After you do this, the whole volume is selected for backup.
Method 2Set a registry key to exclude the files that are mentioned in the event from file-level backups. These files are used by NTFS, and they can safely be ignored.
Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- In Registry Editor, locate the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\BackupRestore\FilesNotToBackup
- Right-Click FilesNotToBackup, point to New, and then click Multi-String Value.
- Type IgnoreNTFS, and then press Enter.
- Right-click IgnoreNTFS, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type \$Extend\* /s.
- Click OK, and then close Registry Editor.
- Restart the server.