Microsoft has released an update for Microsoft Office 2013. This update provides the latest fixes for the 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Office 2013 and Office Home and Student 2013 RT. Additionally, this update contains stability and performance improvements.
Issue that this update fixesConsider the following scenario:
- You create a team site that has a URL that contains Hebrew characters on a Microsoft SharePoint server.
- You create a file in Microsoft Visio 2013 and then click Save As to save the project.
- You paste the URL of the team site into the address bar in the Save As dialog box.
- You try to save the file as a shared document.
You can’t save here. Please choose another location
Update detailsThis update does not replace a previously released update.
How to obtain and install the updateNote This update applies to Office 2013 MSI installations only. This update does not apply to click-to-run installations.
To identify the installation version of Office 2013, follow these steps:
- Start an Office 2013 application, such as Microsoft Word 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- If Office 2013 was installed by using Click-to-Run, an "Update Options" item is displayed. For an MSI installation, the "Update Options" item is not displayed.
Note The update for Office Home and Student 2013 RT is available only from Windows Update.
Download the 32-bit update package now.
Download the 64-bit update package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
You do not have to restart the computer after you install this update.