- You create a pivot table that references external data in a workbook in Microsoft Excel 2013.
- You upload the workbook to a Web Application Companions (WAC) server.
- You update the data connection or change the PivotTable fields.
In this scenario, you receive the following error message:
- Open the workbook in an Excel client application.
- Select the data connection that is listed in the error message, and then click Properties under the Data tab.
- Clear the Always use connection file check box under the Definition tab.
- Republish the workbook to the WAC server.