You may receive the following error message:
Internal error: 2755.1632,c:\winnt\system32\adminpak.msiThis issue can occur when you try to install the Windows 2000 Administrator Package by using either of the following methods:
- Clicking Start, clicking Run, typing adminpak.msi, and then clicking OK.
- Running the Adminpak.msi Microsoft Installer file from the I386 folder on the Windows 2000 CD-ROM.
Temporary Directory is not found or there is not enough disk space.NOTE: This issue may also occur when you try to install other Microsoft Installer (.msi) packages.
This issue can occur after the NTFS permissions for the Administrators group or the System account have been removed from the %SystemRoot%\Installer folder.
To resolve this issue, reset the NTFS permissions for the %SystemRoot%\Installer folder so that it includes both the Administrators group and the System account:
- In Windows Explorer, right-click the %SystemRoot%\Installer folder, and then click Properties.
NOTE: The %SystemRoot%\Installer folder has the hidden and system attributes. If you cannot view the %SystemRoot%\Installer folder because of this:
- In Windows Explorer, click Folder Options on the Tools menu.
- Click the View tab, click Show hidden files and folders, and then click to clear the Hide protected operating system files check box.
- Click OK.
- In the %SystemRoot%\Installer Properties dialog box, click the Security tab.
- Verify that the following permissions are set:
- Administrators group - Full Control
- Everyone group - Read and Execute, List Folder Contents and Read
- System account - Full Control
- Install the Adminpak.msi package by clicking Start, clicking Run, typing adminpak.msi, and then clicking OK.